Saturday, February 28, 2015

My CalFresh Challenge

May is CalFresh Awareness month! I am ready to take the CalFresh challenge to bring awareness to those who qualify for the CalFresh Program in the state of California. Currently, the maximum benefit allowance is $200 per month, per person. I will now attempt to try to feed myself for the month of March on this budget. And I will attempt to eat as fresh and healthy as I can. During this challenge, I will shop at the following locations for the best deals.

WinCo Foods, my favorite grocery store for bargains. This store also sells groceries in bulk out of bins which is great when you are buying ingredients to cook for one!

Ontario Farmer's Market, this is one of my favorite stores for produce.

Look all this produce inside the Farmer's Market!

Stater Bros

Clark's Organic Produce

Tomorrow will be day 1 of my challenge, so I stocked up on the essential spices that I will use to cook my food. Today I spent approximately 1/2 of my CalFresh monthly budget

No comments:

Post a Comment